Please read the following carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Anon-Art may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and we will notify you of changes when they occur.
Anon-Art Limited is the Data Controller, for the purpose of compliance under the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communication (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
What type of information and data do we collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
- You may provide us with personal information about you by completing the registration forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, occupation and other demographic details. You may also provide us with information when you search for a particular service, order a service on our website, contact us via the website or report a problem with our website. We may collect your personal data to inform you of the services we offer.
Each time you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; browser version; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information you provide to us when you use our services.
- Information about you which includes your name, works of art you offer for sale on our website, the url of your website if you have one.
How do we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide marketing information and for the purposes of customer support and processing payments when you use our services.
- To periodically send promotional newsletters about artworks listed for sale on the Anon-Art website which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Information we collect about you is used by us:
- To administer our website, applications and for internal operations, including troubleshooting.
- To improve our website and applications to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- As part of our efforts to keep our website and applications safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your feedback.
When we may disclose your information to others
We may share your information with selected third parties including: business affiliates, consultants and sub-contractors for the performance services we provided to you on the Anon-Art website.
- Payments to Anon-Art for commission and advertising services we provide are processed through PayPal which works to ensure that all these security obligations are being fulfilled and your data is as safe as can be. PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) is the most rigorous standard in the payment industry today. PCI DSS standards are enforced by VISA, MasterCard and the banks and specify the technical aspects of a payment service as well as operational policies and procedures.
- Analytics and search engine providers who assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- In the event we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Anon-Art is subject to a merger or acquisition with/by another company, personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this privacy notice with respect to your personal information.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you have not disabled cookies in your browser. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use our online ordering services, adjust your mailing preferences, use of e-billing services, any website administration or business application systems, such as Anon-Art database.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and any marketing messages displayed on it respect your preferences. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the placing of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will remain unless the cookie cache is cleared, unless otherwise indicated.
Where we store your personal data
Security of your information
We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. These security measures include firewalls, data backup procedures and where appropriate, encryption and secure internet transactions.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, as you will be aware, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation you also have the right to revoke or amend any consent you have provided allowing us to store and use your personal data.
You can also exercise your data rights at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Links to other websites
The Anon-Art website contains links to and from the websites of our partners, clients, affiliates and social media websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and Regulation.
Anon-Art Limited is the Data Controller, for the purpose of compliance under the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communication (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Anon-Art Limited can be contacted at
Anon-Art Ltd, Manor Farm, South End Lane, Balne, North Yorkshire. DN14 0EQ